Sara Allin, AF, RHDP
With great passion and a wealth of knowledge, Sara Allin owner of Big River Equine manages all aspects of horse hoof health including lameness problem recognition and prevention, nutrition guidance and owner education. Sara is an Accredited Professional Farrier with the American Association of Professional Farriers (AAPF) and serves on their continuing education committee. Big River Equine is located in Hillsboro, Mo approximately 40 miles from downtown St. Louis.
Sara has over 20 years of horsemanship experience and a vast network of colleagues in the equine industry. As a full time recognized farrier in the specialist field, Sara applies her solid knowledge and many years of experience to serving the equine community.
Sara’s professional commitment to being ‘in-the-know’ about new developments in farrier science and her deep rooted love of horses is at the core of her business. Sara is distinguished for the use of her acquired business, coaching, mentoring and creative ‘out-of-the-box’ problem solving skills, and her work with clients and their horses on a level unmatched within the traditional farrier industry.
Committees and Memberships
Sara is a proud member of:
The American Association of Professional Farriers, where she contributes as a member of the Online Continuing Education Committee.
Education and Designations
Sara earned her Level 1 Recognizing Hoof Distortion Practitioner designation from Daisy Haven Farm School of Integrative Hoof Care in 2014 after two years of intense study, travel and hands on workshops assessing 150+ cadaver hooves with progressive radiographs (64 hours), 24 lecture hours and farrier business classes.
Sara has also worked alongside Daisy as a coach, mentor and assistant to newly enrolled students during the glue on shoe and live horse days of the workshops.
Sara's Curriculum Vitae:
- 2016 Presenter at Spanish Lake Blacksmith Shop - Winter Shop Talk Session with Mark Michelswirth and Mike Vorthman. Topic Applying Horseshoes with Adhesives and Casting Materials.
- 2016 The Importance of Radiographs for Farriers - Spanish Lake Blacksmith Shop
- 2016 International Hoofcare Summit
- 2015 NO Laminitis Confreence in Georgetown Texas
- 2015 Esco Buffs Summer Summit in Webster NY with Roy Bloom and Ken Best
- 2015 International Hoofcare Summit
- 2014 Meredith Manor Farrier Science Advance Farrier Techniques Clinic Sponsored by Purdybilt by UPSCO
- Phillips Healthcare X-Ray Plain and Simple Certificate of Completion
- 2014 International Hoof-Care Summit
- 2014 Hall of Fame Horseshoer Esco Buff''s Summer Summit for Farriers in Webster, NY
- Assist farrier Daisy Bicking of Daisy Haven Farm on difficult cases in Indiana.
- 2013 International Hoofcare Summit
- Two, 3 day Cadaver Workshops at Daisy Haven Farm (2013, PA and IN)
- Trimming & Cadaver workshop with Ida Hammer(2012)
- 2 Day Equine Podiatry and Thermal Imaging Clinic (As ETI Clinician) (2012)
- 7 day internship with Shannon Carner, DEP, APF www.TheNaturalFarrier.com (2012)
- Ride along with local mentors (2011-present)
- FLIR Thermal Imaging Basics CE Certificates (2011)
- Self study and practical application of barefoot trimming, Jaime Jackson Creating The Perfect Hoof Series (2012)
- Self study and practical application Equine Podiatry, KC La Pierre The Chosen Road Series. (2012)
- Self study and practical application of barefoot trimming, Pete Ramey Under The Horse Series, That's My Horse Series, In The Trenches Series, Donkey Hooves Inside and Out Series (2011)