Big River Equine, LLC in Hillsboro, Mo is looking for a hardworking and motivated person to join our team. We run a busy full time practice with a focus on lameness cases, including but not limited to, many foundered and laminitic horses.
We have the opportunity to trim and shoe to radiographs on most lameness cases. The Farrier Assistant will develop an eye for reading and working from farrier friendly radiographs in addition to learning how to cultivate good working relationships with attending veterinarians.
Work days are Tuesday-Friday and 1-2 Saturday's a month.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe hazard free work space
- Set up and break down of work area
- Stocking and maintaining farrier rig
- Assisting with presentations and workshops
- **Pulling shoes/prepping feet
- Have intermediate to advanced horsemanship skills
- Be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Be respectful and professional in attire and attitude at all times
- Have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle
- Be able to travel out of state
**Preference will be given to recent farrier school graduates, current farriers or trimmers or those interested in learning the trade. Many hands on opportunities for learning in addition to attending clinics and conventions.
Basic tools, safety equipment and meals provided during work hours.
Housing may be available for those interested from out of state.
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to: Sara@bigriverequine.com
No phone calls, please.
Thank you for your interest!